1. Find and select a reputable mortgage company and get pre-qualified for a mortgage loan.
The only way to truly know how much home you can afford is to ask a reputable mortgage professional. Getting pre-qualified lets you know how much you can afford before shopping for your home. Knowing your buying power is in your best interest!
Follow the steps below to ensure a smooth and hassle-free process:
– Complete online mortgage application
– Speak with a licensed mortgage professional
– Provide mortgage company with all required documents
– Understand and follow the do’s and don’ts
– Check your credit score with mortgage professional
– Determine loan programs available to you and down payment options
– Get to know interest rates & ensure your mortgage professional is providing you a best-in-market rate
– Estimate your mortgage costs
2. Find and select a reputable Realtor®:
– Provide your Realtor® with a copy of your pre-qualification letter from mortgage company
– Start shopping and choose a home
– Make an offer on your dream home
– Receive an accepted offer from seller with a fully executed purchase contract
3. Get mortgage loan approval for a specific home:
– Provide mortgage company with a complete copy of the fully executed purchase contract to include all addendums
– Mortgage company will order Title policy
4. Get your home inspection and appraisal.
5. Submit all final documents mortgage company requires to review and issue a clear-to-close.
6. Receive your “clear-to-close” from mortgage company and schedule your closing date.
7. Close on your new home and receive your keys.